UNICEF Pakistan is seeking a dedicated Nutrition Specialist to join its dynamic team in Lahore. Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children? Do you have expertise in nutrition and a commitment to improving the well-being of the most vulnerable? UNICEF Pakistan is seeking a dedicated Nutrition Specialist to join its dynamic team in Lahore. As a Nutrition Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating Nutrition and Early Childhood Development (ECD) programs in Punjab Province.
Fixed Term, Nutrition Specialist NOC, Lahore, Pakistan# 104124
Nutrition Specialist at UNICEF Pakistan – Lahore
Job Number: 564369 Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Duty Station: Lahore, Pakistan Level: NO-3 Categories: Health
About UNICEF: UNICEF is a global organization that works tirelessly to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children, ensuring they survive, thrive, and fulfill their potential. Operating in 190 countries and territories, UNICEF is committed to building a better world for every child.
The Challenge in Pakistan: Despite significant progress, children and adolescents in Pakistan still face significant challenges. UNICEF is dedicated to supporting the Government of Pakistan in accelerating progress for children, achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and upholding children’s rights.
Key Responsibilities: As a Nutrition Specialist, you will have a range of vital responsibilities, including:
- Program Development and Planning: Contribute to the design, development, and updating of the nutrition sector’s situation analysis. Keep abreast of developmental trends to enhance program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Program Management and Monitoring: Collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks and indicators, assessing progress and identifying areas for improvement. Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Technical and Operational Support: Provide technical guidance to government counterparts, partners, and stakeholders. Participate in discussions to promote nutrition, ECD, and development initiatives.
- Networking and Partnership Building: Foster effective partnerships with government representatives, community members, and stakeholders. Participate in provincial-level discussions and represent UNICEF’s priorities.
- Innovation and Capacity Building: Introduce innovative approaches and best practices, build the capacity of stakeholders, and support program implementation. Promote sustainability, equity, and community engagement.
Qualifications and Skills: To excel in this role, you’ll need:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or above) in Nutrition, Public Health, or a related field.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, or related fields, preferably in a developing country.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in a developing country and familiarity with UNICEF’s work is advantageous.
What UNICEF Offers: Working at UNICEF is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to contribute to a brighter future for children everywhere. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment that values your well-being and growth.
Join the Movement for Children: UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion, ensuring that all individuals are treated with respect and consideration. We encourage women and candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Last Date to Apply:
If you’re ready to make a positive impact and champion the rights and well-being of children, apply now by visiting our website and submitting your application. Help us build a better world for every child.
UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants based on merit regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic. All offers are subject to background checks and medical clearances.
For more information about UNICEF’s work in Pakistan, please visit www.unicef.org/pakistan.