SBP Statistical Officers & Economic Analysts Training Scheme. State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), the Central Bank, is looking for young, talented, and energetic candidates under Statistical Officers and Economic Analysts Training Scheme for the positions of Economic Analysts / Statistical Officers (OG-2). The positions are based in Karachi.
Statistical Officers & Economic Analysts Training Scheme
The Bank offers rewarding and challenging careers, especially in the following areas/departments:
- Monetary Policy
- Economic Policy Review
- Data Services and Innovation
Master’s, Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with 16 years of education with at least 60 percent marks where percentages apply or 2.5 out of 4.0 or 3.5 out of 5.0 where GPA system is applicable from HEC recognized Pakistani institutions in Economics for Economic Analysts, and in Statistics/Actuarial Sciences/Data Sciences for Statistical Officers. In case of foreign degree, equivalence certificate from HEC would be required.
Maximum 26 years as on the date of newspaper advertisement i.e. November 12, 2023. Age limit shall be relaxed by three years for female candidates, transgender persons, candidates belonging to minorities, and candidates from Northern Areas, Baluchistan, Azad Jammu Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan, areas which were previously part of FATA; and by five years for employees of SBP and its subsidiaries subject to fulfilling all other eligibility requirements.
Application and Testing Procedure
- Interested Pakistani citizens (including Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan) meeting above eligibility criteria are required to log on to NTS website (https://www.nts.org.pk). The link to apply online will be made live onNovember 12, 2023.
- Candidates will be required to choose one of the two streams i.e. Economic Analyst or Statistical Officer.
- Age will be considered as per CNIC.
- Applications devoid of the required information and details like photograph, date of birth, or any other important information, will not be shortlisted. Applications not in accordance with defined requirements in the advertisement will not be entertained.
- Last date of submission of applications is November 27, 2023. Applications submitted in person or through e-mail will not be
- NTS will intimate shortlisted candidates through SMS, and send admit cards at their postal addresses as well as upload them on its website, to appear in the written test to be held at designated test
- NTS will upload the details of qualified candidates on its website. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
- For any queries or complaints, please contact NTS at [email protected] or 021-34546930 or 051-8444441.
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of written test and meeting other eligibility criteria will be invited for further selection process including group discussion/psychometric testing and panel interview. Candidates will be required to bring original and printed copies of attested educational/professional documents, Equivalence Certificate from HEC (in case of foreign qualification), Domicile and CNIC.
Candidate who misinforms or fails to provide the required information or documents, does not meet the specified criteria as per advertisement, attempts to influence the recruitment process in any manner, tries to obtain support for his/her candidature by inappropriate means or tampers with evidence of age, educational and other certificates, shall be disqualified from the current and any future recruitment process at the Bank; even if the candidate is otherwise qualified.
Successful candidates will be selected in order of merit subject to observance of Provincial/Regional quota provisions as prescribed by Government of Pakistan.
After completion of all formalities including medical, psychological examinations and proof of completed educational documents, the selected candidates shall be required to undergo Applied Focused Theoretical Training (residential) at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad as Trainees. The Trainees who successfully complete and qualify the training will be offered appointment as Economic Analyst / Statistical Officer (OG-2) at SBP.
- Until induction in the Bank, the trainees shall be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 41,000.
- Upon successful completion of the training, the trainees will be offered appointment as Economic Analyst / Statistical Officer (OG-2) at a consolidated monthly monetized salary of Rs 82,000 along with other benefits in the salary scale of OG-2 as per Bank rules.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, candidates from minorities, transgender persons and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.