The position of Head Credit Analysis holds a critical role within the Bank Of Africa, focusing on providing administrative support for marketing, product, and communication initiatives while ensuring the bank’s credit policies and procedures are upheld. Here’s a breakdown of the key responsibilities and functions associated with this role in Bank Of Africa:
Bank Of Africa Position Function:
Provide administrative support for marketing, products, and communication programs/initiatives of the Bank.
- Formulation and Review of Credit Policies: Participate in the development and periodic review of the Country Credit policy, underwriting criteria, and related processes. This involves ensuring that the bank’s credit policies align with internal and external regulations while maintaining effectiveness in credit appraisal, approval, and monitoring.
- Credit Appraisal and Approval: Assess and/or supervise the evaluation of credit proposals involving various aspects, such as projects, large exposures, and complex credit applications. Ensure that credit proposals adhere to established standards, including those of the Bank, regulatory bodies like the Bank of Uganda (BOU), and other applicable credit practices.
- Credit Risk Reports Utilization: Utilize the bank’s credit risk reports, such as Daily Exception Reports, Arrears reports, and late credit decision reports. These reports aid in facilitating decision-making for the Credit Committee and Risk Committee, ensuring timely and informed reporting.
- Training and Coaching: Provide training and coaching to junior Credit Officers and other staff members in credit assessment techniques. Monitor the progress of junior staff by reviewing their credit analysis files and offering guidance to improve their skills.
- Committee Participation: Attend Main Credit Committee meetings and participate as a member of the Mini Credit Committee. Collaborate with two other members to approve credit facilities in alignment with the approved Credit Policy.
- Customer Interaction and Risk Assessment: Undertake customer visits or meetings as required, including project/business site visits and security inspections. These interactions help in gaining a better understanding of the risks associated with credit applications and aid in creating comprehensive visit reports for credit files.
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Coordination: Coordinate activities with the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), which includes liaising with both the Bank of Uganda (BOU) and Compuscan, the selected company. This is essential for obtaining and utilizing credit-related information.
- Supervision and Performance Appraisal: Participate in the supervision, monitoring, and appraisal of the performance of Credit Staff. This involves ensuring that the credit team is performing effectively and meeting their responsibilities.
- Ad Hoc Duties: Perform any other duties assigned from time to time. These may vary depending on the evolving needs of the bank and the credit department.
In summary, the Head Credit Analysis plays a central role in maintaining the quality and compliance of the Bank Of Africa credit portfolio. This involves evaluating credit proposals, ensuring adherence to policies and regulations, providing training and support to junior staff, participating in credit committees, conducting customer visits, and coordinating with credit-related bureaus and institutions.
The qualifications and competencies required for the position of Head Credit Analysis in Bank Of Africa are detailed and include a blend of educational background, professional certifications, work experience, and essential skills. Here’s a breakdown of the requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Banking, or a relevant field.
- Certification in credit skills.
Desirable Professional Qualifications:
- Professional qualifications in Finance or related fields, such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), or CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a banking institution.
- At least 4 years of experience in credit analysis.
- Solid understanding of the Bank’s business model, strategy, and its full range of products and services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, processes, and procedures related to credit.
- Profound understanding and interpretation of industrial and national economic trends.
- Familiarity with the Bank’s core systems, including IGOR (presumably an internal system) and Credit Processing System (Credit Quest).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective self-organization and task management abilities.
- Proficiency in planning and coordinating activities.
- A customer-centric mindset and a strong affinity for the BOA brand.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the capability to establish relationships both within and outside the Bank.
- Capacity to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Collectively, these qualifications and competencies are crucial for the successful execution of the Head Credit Analysis role in Bank Of Africa. They encompass a blend of academic knowledge, practical expertise, industry understanding, and soft skills that enable the individual to effectively assess credit proposals, manage credit-related processes, collaborate with teams, and uphold the bank’s standards and reputation.