If you are interested in applying for a Stenographer position through PPSC, I recommend that you visit the official PPSC website or their official social media channels for the most up-to-date information regarding job openings, eligibility criteria, application procedures, and deadlines. These sources will provide you with accurate and current information to help you successfully apply for the position.
Job Advertisement for Stenographer Position Details
Government of Punjab – Board of Revenue
Position: Stenographer (BS-15)
Number of Vacancies: 05 (Open Merit)
- Male: 18 to 35 years (30 + 5 years relaxation)
- Female: 18 to 38 years (30 + 8 years relaxation)
- Age and sex relaxation for transgender individuals based on CNIC contents
Gender: Male, Female, Transgender
Domicile: All Punjab Basis
Stenographer Place of Posting: Board of Revenue, Punjab, Lahore
Qualifications For Stenographer:
- Intermediate or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board
- A speed of 80 words per minute in shorthand in English
- A speed of 35 words per minute in typewriting (English)
Selection Process For Stenographer:
- Candidates will be tested on their English Shorthand skills at a speed of 80 words per minute.
- Candidates who pass the shorthand test will proceed to the English typing test on a computer.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should prepare for the shorthand and typing tests as per the prescribed speeds. This is a regular position in the Board of Revenue, Punjab, Lahore.
For further details and updates, candidates are advised to refer to the official job advertisement or the relevant government department’s website.
1. Please read the “General Instructions” regarding Application Fee, Written Test, Interview on PPSC website www.ppsc.gop.pk before applying online.
2. Employees of Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies of Federal Government or Provincial Government and those of Local Bodies are not entitled to age concession for the
period of their service in such organization.
3. In case a candidate claims that his/her qualification is equivalent to the prescribed qualification, he/she will be required to submit equivalence certificate of his/her foreign/local
qualification, issued by the Competent Authority of HEC/PMDC/PMC/PEC & QEDC of concerned Administrative Department, which will be accepted by the Commission as Final,
at the time of interview or whenever asked by the Commission. If a candidate fails to submit Equivalence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority at the time of interview or
whenever asked by the Commission, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
4. In case, a candidate claims experience of private firm / entity, he / she must bring proof at the time of interview that the firm /entity is registered with SECP, Registrar of Firms or any
other Regulatory Authority, failing which his / her application shall be rejected. Candidate must provide proof of registration showing that the concerned private entity had the status
of a registered body during the period of experience claimed by the candidate.
5. The candidates will ensure that after applying for a particular post they will immediately apply for Departmental Permission Certificate/NOC in their concerned Department(s) and
provide the Departmental Permission Certificate/NOC at the time of interview (if called).
6. The candidates just after applying for a particular post advertised by PPSC will ensure that they have obtained/applied for registration in PEC/PNC/PMDC/PMC/PVMC or other
relevant body for Registration Certificate on or before the Closing Date and provide the same at the time of interview (if called).
7. The candidates will ensure that they will provide marks obtained / total marks or percentage certificate of all degrees, issued by the Competent Authority, at the time of interview.
CGPA is not acceptable.
8. No information, whatsoever, shared by anyone other than on the PPSC’s website, is authentic; therefore, candidates must not trust any such information.
9. The Shorthand Test and Typing & Proficiency Test, if required, will only be held at Lahore.
10. In case of variation (increase/decrease) in number of post(s) by the concerned department, No Fresh Applications will be invited.
11. Applicants are advised to deposit fees online by using the following mediums only i.e. ATM’s, Mobile Phone Banking, Internet Banking, Over the counter by visiting the nearest 1-Link Member Banks Branches, Jazz Cash, Easy Paisa, U Paisa, and other available micro-finance banks. For details, please visit PPSC website at www.ppsc.gop.pk
Closing Date for submission of Online Applications
01 September 2023