The Planning and Development Board is offering a position for Assistant Chief (BS-18) on a contract basis for three years. This role requires a qualified individual to contribute to planning, development, and project implementation in sectors related to agriculture, agricultural economics, environmental science, forestry, and related fields.
Planning and Development Board Position Details
Prescribed Qualification/Experience: To be eligible for the position, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree (second division) in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, Forestry, or Agriculture (specializations in Soil Science or Agri. Entomology) from a university recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- A minimum of five years’ post-qualification experience in planning, development, and project implementation, either in the public or private sector.
Age Limit required Assistant Chief (BS-18) at Planning and Development Board:
- Male candidates: 25 to 40 years (35 years + 5 years general age relaxation)
- Female candidates: 25 to 43 years (35 years + 8 years general age relaxation)
- Transgender candidates: Age and sex identification will align with the details on their CNIC.
Gender: The application process is open to candidates of all genders, including Male, Female, and Transgender.
Domicile: Candidates from any district within Punjab are eligible to apply, as the positions are available on an all Punjab basis.
Place of Posting for Assistant Chief (BS-18) at Planning and Development Board: Successful candidates will be posted anywhere within the Punjab province, as per the requirements of the Planning and Development Board.
Syllabus for Written Examination/Test: The selection process includes a written examination/test. The test will be a one-paper MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) type with a total of 100 marks and a duration of 90 minutes. The test will cover two sections:
- Qualification Related Questions (80%): This section will include questions related to the candidate’s master’s degree qualification, focusing on their field of specialization.
- General Ability (20%): This section will consist of questions on various subjects, including General Knowledge, Pakistan Studies, Current Affairs, Geography, Basic Mathematics, English, Urdu, Everyday Science, and Basic Computer Studies.
Application Process: Applicants interested in the Assistant Chief position should submit their applications online through the official platform of the Planning and Development Board. The application deadline is [insert deadline date here].
The Planning and Development Board aims to attract diverse talent and provide an equal opportunity for all eligible candidates to contribute their expertise in planning, development, and project implementation. This role offers a chance for qualified individuals to make a meaningful impact on the growth and progress of Punjab.
1. Please read the “General Instructions” regarding Application Fee, Written Test, Interview on PPSC website www.ppsc.gop.pk before applying online.
2. Employees of Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies of Federal Government or Provincial Government and those of Local Bodies are not entitled to age concession for the
period of their service in such organization.
3. In case a candidate claims that his/her qualification is equivalent to the prescribed qualification, he/she will be required to submit equivalence certificate of his/her foreign/local
qualification, issued by the Competent Authority of HEC/PMDC/PMC/PEC & QEDC of concerned Administrative Department, which will be accepted by the Commission as Final,
at the time of interview or whenever asked by the Commission. If a candidate fails to submit Equivalence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority at the time of interview or
whenever asked by the Commission, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
4. In case, a candidate claims experience of private firm / entity, he / she must bring proof at the time of interview that the firm /entity is registered with SECP, Registrar of Firms or any
other Regulatory Authority, failing which his / her application shall be rejected. Candidate must provide proof of registration showing that the concerned private entity had the status
of a registered body during the period of experience claimed by the candidate.
5. The candidates will ensure that after applying for a particular post they will immediately apply for Departmental Permission Certificate/NOC in their concerned Department(s) and submit
6. The candidates just after applying for a particular post advertised by PPSC will ensure that they have obtained/applied for registration in PEC/PNC/PMDC/PMC/PVMC or other
relevant body for Registration Certificate on or before the Closing Date and provide the same at the time of interview (if called).
7. The candidates will ensure that they will provide marks obtained / total marks or percentage certificate of all degrees, issued by the Competent Authority, at the time of interview.
CGPAis not acceptable.
8. No information, whatsoever, shared by anyone other than on the PPSC’s website, is authentic; therefore, candidates must not trust any such information.
9. The Shorthand Test and Typing & Proficiency Test, if required, will ONLYbe held at Lahore.
10. In case of variation (increase/decrease) in number of post(s) by the concerned department, No Fresh Applications will be invited.
11. Applicants are advised to deposit fees online by using the following mediums ONLY i.e. ATMs, Mobile Phone Banking, Internet Banking, Over the counter by visiting the nearest *1Link Member Banks Branches, Jazz Cash, Easy Paisa, U Paisa, and other available micro-finance banks. For details, please visit PPSC website at www.ppsc.gop.pk
Closing Date for Submission of Online Applications
01 September 2023